Think you know everything about astrology? Think again. Here are 7 weird facts about all things astrological, from horoscopes to the zodiac, and everything in between – as reported by the UK Telegraph.
Did you know?
1) 75% of astrology readers are women.
2) In 1981, after President Ronald Reagan was shot, his wife Nancy hired an astrologer to help forecast his future safety.
3) Nostradamus (1503 – 1566) is the most famous astrologer. Although his prophecies are heavily debated, his modern-day followers credit him for predicting historic events such as the assassination of John F. Kennedy, the Second World War, and the Sept. 11, 2001 attack in the World Trade Center in New York.
4) Horoscopes aren't for dummies. According to a study by USA Today, high-level business executives are the fastest-growing group of horoscope readers.
5) Today, many religions denounce horoscopes. However, throughout the middle ages, several Catholic popes were deeply involved with astrology: Sixtus IV was the first pope to draw and interpret a horoscope; Julius II choose his coronation date astrologically; and Leo X and Paul III relied heavily on astrologers for advice.
6) Throughout World War II, there was evidence that Adolf Hitler often used an astrologer to forecast events of the war.
7) There are 6,000-8,000 professional astrologers in the United States.